Custom Search

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Party Weekend and a blast from the past

Today, I'm putting up the tree FINALLY! It should have been finished last weekend but my getting the flu put a big dent in my holiday decorating. So we'll try again today after I get back from the church group Christmas party. After my oldest son's Christmas concert, I picked up my Christmas cards yesterday and finished the holiday ornaments for each of the church group members. I just need to mail all my cards. I usually hand address them but I'm thinking this year I just might do a mail merge. This year I'm trying to make Christmas a little less work for myself and a lot more fun. I love watching my kids faces on Christmas morning but I'm telling you being a grown up at Christmas is just so much work. Trying to put it all together and making sure that it's special for the kids. Not to mention trying to remember from one year to the next which stories you fed to which kid in order to assure that they do believe. I figure, I just have a couple more years and then it just won't be as magical until grandchildren come along. Oh how I miss them when they were little. Evidence that the ornery-ness started years ago and I just might have forgotten if it weren't for photos like these. I'm sure she didn't mean or know she was calling her brother a loser in this photo but it sure does look like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home