Custom Search

Friday, November 21, 2008

I wonder what happened to Mabel?

...that sweet little old lady we overhear in pre-op two days ago. While waiting for my DS to have surgery. We thought she was sleeping but when a nurse walked over to talk to her she loudly said "good afternoon" in the sweetest little old voice you've ever heard. She told the nurse she needed to use the restroom before surgery but the nurse had a few questions first. She asked her for her birthdate. Mabel responded with Febuary 6, 10. That is 1910...I know I looked shocked as I did the math in my head. Yep, that is right dear Mabel was 98 years old almost 99 and having surgery. I was also thinking why on earth you would bother with surgery when you've firming got at least one foot planted in the ground but evidently not Mabel. Who promptly told the nurse "you sure are ugly without make-up". To which the nurse responded "well thanks a lot". Mabel quickly corrected herself and said "no dear, I meant me". Mabel sure did have her wits about her and I laughed so hard as she quickly got out of bed to go to the potty. I can only dream of being so spry or heck even alive at her age. So I wonder what happened to Mabel?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home