Custom Search

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Counting Down to Super Simple Christmas


I'm making my list and checking it twice, three times. I'm so indecisive I keep waffling on gifts for my children...do you ever do that? I did a walk through Walmart the other night just scoping out the toys for my kids. There was not one thing that I felt they must have. NOT ONE THING! I guess when you've got 22 years of toys in the house there really isn't a thing that they NEED. And really not much that they want. Oh sure they want a Wii or an Xbox, perhaps Nintendo DS for each of them. I keep thinking that with the exception of the Wii it would be a pretty quiet Christmas if I went that route. But then my kids are country kids who play outside the majority of the time but they don't need bikes or scooters or ATV's or even a pony of that matter. We've got it all. I am blessed. I know that. But still I have this nagging feeling about what to get them. The first child in me wants them to have the best Christmas ever but what makes this Christmas the best ever? My 16-year-old and 22-year-old haven't even told me what they would like. So that same first child is making a list. I'll keep you updated. Everyone else will be pretty easy this year. Here are my projects and lists (really why not just keep it here...I'm here anyway...plus this is the first time I've actually written it down...can you tell I like these little dots. What the heck are they called? I must look that up.):


  1. I'm putting the finishing touches on some blankets I've made. Super simple really and when I get them done I'll post a photo.

  2. Today, I'm making ornaments for the ladies group I belong too. Super simple project is really just some leftover foam circles from Valentine's Day and I'm using my Making Memories Slice to cut some snowflakes. I'm going to attach them to the gift bag I've put the cookie cutters I purchased for each of them in.
  3. Super simple project three was my Christmas cards. Normally I'll spend the end of November and early December working my fingers too the bone and into the wee hours of the night making handmade Christmas Cards. Today, I will pick up my digital cards at Walmart. And before you think I've completely caved on creativity this year, I did design them myself and it did take two days for my to finally push the order button. See photo above. I'm kinda getting the hang of digital stuff. I don't love it. I still like touching paper too much to love digital but it is fun.
  4. Super simple project four is photography gift certificates for my family. My brother, sister, daughter, Brother and Sister in-laws and John's entire family are getting photography sessions from yours truly. It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time and each year I've put it off. I'm finally going to get started...the photography bug has bitten me. This spring/summer the Boyd men will finally have their tractors, kids and entire farm family in a photo so help me God! Really God, I'm probably going to need some help with that one for sure!

Oh and I'm not really worried about anyone seeing this. Plus, I've already warned them all no peeking :).

~S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home