Custom Search

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Flood tour continued...

Yes I'm bored out of my mind...the kids are ripping the house apart and who said spring break. I think that really means breaking things while you get to spend quality time with your parents in doors during the last few days of winter. Yep that is what it means to me and my children who have somehow managed to use three whole rolls of tape and a couple of glue sticks in less then 24 hours. Who knows on what...I'm sure I will find out eventually but for now no one is talking. NOW WHAT DO I DO? Oh let's go for a little drive and continue our tour. The first photo is our neighbors farm. He passed away last year...he was 97 years old his wife is in a nursing home. They were supposed to auction this farm last weekend but couldn't because of the snow and rising water. Ummmm it's not happening this week either but is scheduled for next week. Any bets on whether or not it will be dry enough? I'm thinking not.














Some alternative routes...honey, I think we need to turn around. Actually about an hour before this DH drove through the water with two of the wee ones to take some supplies to the ambulance they are now keeping on the other side. The water was much lower then the guardrail he assured me.
















Finally some photos down by the barn. We'll be moving these guys to higher ground in about 7 more feet of water. For now they are safe. We'll also need to move the cows that are in the barn and the goat oh and the stud horse that we board for a friend. DH will think it funny that I said "we" but I'll watch and help if he actually needs my help but he won't.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle StClair said...

Wow Shelly. These photos are just wow.....Can't wait to find out what the kids did with all the tape! :)

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home