Custom Search

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Dancing in the rain

Sophia C. on 2peas issued this blog challenge about something we enjoyed as a child that we would want our children to do. I remember as a child getting to dance in the summer rain. It was such a treat when my mom would let us do this. My brothers, sister and I would beg to go out in the rain. It was so much fun and she'd even get the shampoo out and let us wash our hair. I let my kids do just that this past summer when we had a very hard rain and no thunder and lightning which usually accompanies Ohio storms. I loved the surprised looks on their faces when I told them what I wanted them to do. I think they kinda thought I had lost it. Their expressions said: "you want us to do what?" But once they got out there they had a blast...just like I did when I was a kid. I even did a layout about it for them. ~ Shelly

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

That is such an adorable layout, and what a sweet story! We have so many rainy days in the summer here in Florida, I may just have to do that with my daughter this summer!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home