Custom Search

Monday, November 12, 2007

Won't you be my neighbor?


This little guy cracks me up on a daily basis. How fortunate am I that I blissfully get to spend five days a week just him and I? I'd like to tell you that we spend the whole day playing and learning wonderful new things while the older two siblings are at school but that's not the case. Usually he pretty much just runs amuck while I'm working in the garage or am doing the 10th load of laundry for the day. No not really I only do two loads of laundry EVERY stinkin' day. On this day he asked me to 'nuggle'. At four he still loves to snuggle...I love that. Normally I would have said just a minute. But not today.Mr. Rogers had just come on tv and he was sitting waiting for me on the couch with nee nee (his very tattered blankey) and his thumb in his mouth. I knew he'd be sound asleep in just a minute and was really hoping I could finish the stack of mower invoices before they toppled over. Mr. Rogers has that mind numbing, boring nap-time effect on my kids. I'm so glad he comes on about nap time. Depending on the day my kids will either run from the house screaming when Mr. Rogers comes on or they will fall straight to sleep. Today must have been one of those running from the house screaming kinda days because just as Mr. Rogers was singing "oh won't you be my neighbor" My ever so smart 4-year-old pops his thumb out of his mouth and annouces. "I AIN'T GONNA BE THAT GUYS NEIGHBOR". I nearly peed my pants and tried not to laugh because he was just so serious. No need to worry buddy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Hey girl I"m so glad to see you're posting again. I hadn't been here in a while cause i see you started back in Oct. These are some great photos on here. Love the one of Meganne in her costume with her head tilted thats great. Madison started basketball practice last week and this is the first thing since she did dance 2 years ago. It was fun to watch though. That is so funny what he said about Mr. Rogers. Gotta scrap that. Talk to ya later girlie!! Hugs,DAwn

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home