Custom Search

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Halloween Fun?



The candle is one of two that I made for the kids teachers for Halloween gifts. I don't usually make teachers gifts for Halloween but I had some scraps left over from my projects at http://www.scrapbooks.com/. The other one went to school this morning because someone couldn't wait to give it to her teacher. Even though I hadn't taken photos yet. The little spider is just a plastic kids toy I picked up a pack of 50 at Walmart the other day for the kids to take to their class treasure box and kept a few for myself. Seriously, I kept them for the kids and then when I was altering the candles thought hmmmmmmm and decided they were fun or weird. Either way I thought they were perfect.
What's with the early Halloween you ask? A town near here has their Halloween parade usually the week before Halloween and my DH takes the winners from the costume contest through the parade with the truck and one of our hay wagons. The winners this year included three little babies dressed as crayons in a wagon disguised as a crayon box. How cute was that. Although I thought it was way too cold for babies to be riding in a haywagon last night. I guess they were snug as a crayon in a crayon box because I didn't hear a peep out of them. We were riding in the truck and throwing candy to the kids along the route. Such fun but note to self be careful to throw it towards their feet and do not buy lollipops...I think they probably hurt more than a tootsie roll if you get hit by one. This is the first year we threw candy and I should have bought A LOT more candy. I'll make sure I do next year :). My kids had a blast and even the grumpy cowboy had a good time.
So Johnathan isn't lookin' so thrilled. Why you wonder? Because he couldn't carry his cap gun and what's the fun of being a cowboy if you can't carry a gun...isn't that the whole point? How is a sherriff supposed to keep the peace if he doesn't carry a gun. Explain that will ya? This from a 7-year-olds point of view. The Indian and the little cowpoke couldn't be happier...although the Indian was a little chilly (This is why I told you to put that shirt on UNDER your costume Meg...but of course I know nothing and am stupid according to the 6-year-old). At least Braden told me he loves his costume and thanked me when I tucked him in last night. That sure made it all better especially after I spent hours slaving over those vests and chaps well not really slaving they were super simple. I just like my kids to THINK that I slaved. Okay cloths are dry/frozen out on the line and I must go take them down....notice a trend? It's getting colder but freeze dried is just as cheap as sun dried I've found and it's only gonna get colder :)
Oh and I've got news for the cowboys and indian...they will get along well enough for me to get as many photos as I want.
XOXO

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

S, love the candle and the spider is too cute!
Sara

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home