Custom Search

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Seeing Green Today



I'm glad I sweated and slaved in a 200 degree kitchen canning these babies in September. Right now I've got two jars of beans sitting on the counter of my kitchen just waiting to be turned into green bean casserole for dinner tonight. I swear if you want your kids to eat green beans then you've got to have them plant the seeds, water and weed them on hot summer days and then pick them until their tiny little fingers are raw, and sit and snap them for hours....then and only then will your children appreciate and love green beans. Ugh! What a job but oh so yummy! Oh and I'm a little ahead of the game since Valentines day is this week LOL! But I made this St. Patrick's Day card awhile ago and thought it was time to post. The plastic shamrock was from some cupcakes I bought last year :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary Jo said...

Adorable card! And I love your photo of the green beans, such a great shot!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Marie Starr said...

I remember helping my mother in the garden, slaving over the bean patch, then helping her can them later on in the hot kitchen on the warmest day of the summer! They do taste better when they are home grown and home-canned, don't they?

Love the St. Patrick's Day card!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Linda Beeson said...

Great photo and LOVE the play on the word GREEN! Great card too - loving the colors.

3:23 PM  
Blogger vtpuggirl said...

I think you need to put me to work, I did not appreciate green beans until now. Love your green card too!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Lisa Dorsey said...

Oh I just love fresh green beans! Yummy! Love how you used that cake topper.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those green beans look yummy! Love your card!

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home